The Universitas Terbuka (UT) – BUKA team organized the first virtual International Conference on Innovation in Open and Distance Learning (INNODEL) on 14-15 November 2021. The theme of the conference was “Technology for Online Education: Access, Quality, and Equity,” highlighting current issues and innovations in online learning technologies to promote equitable access to quality online education.
INNODEL featured the following prominent experts as keynote speakers:
* Dr. Martin Dougiamas, Founder and CEO of Moodle
* Prof. Ir. Tian Belawati, Professor at the Faculty of Education and Teacher Training and former Rector of Universitas Terbuka
* Professor Simon Bedford, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning Futures), Western Sydney University, Australia
* Mitja Jermol, UNESCO Chair in Open Technologies for OER and Open Education, Slovenia
* Assoc. Prof. Cai Yiyu, Deputy Director, Centre for Augmented and Virtually Reality, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
* Dr. Onno W. Purbo, Indonesian IT Expert
The 2021 INNODEL was attended by more than 150 participants and 70 presenters. The UT-BUKA Team presented a working paper entitled “Internet Offline System Design: UT Akses.”
There was also a one-day pre-conference workshop by Microsoft Indonesia, EON Reality, and Universitas Terbuka to share experiences and current innovations in online learning.
For more information about INNODEL, visit: https://innodel.lppm.ut.ac.id/